Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Week 1, Thing 2

The easiest of the 7and ½ Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners is probably #2 -accept responsibility for you own learning. I completed my Master’s online and knew I was the one responsible for what I obtained from each class. I also had the habit of taking responsibility for other students’ learning when it came to group projects. No one seemed to mind and occasionally I would be with someone like me but it worked out fine.

The hardest habit may be creating my own toolbox, or I better yet, organizing my own toolbox. I always say that I am in the running for the most disorganized librarian. Really, I am organized in my own way but anybody else has a hard time finding anything.


I am excited to be taking this class and continuing my lifelong learning.

2 comments:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

Hi Lydia

Apparently you have never seen my desk :-) Disorganized toolboxes and I are old friends.

I have always believed that taking responsibility for ones own learning is the key to all of it. The other things help, but if you aren't willing to, as my grandfather would say, grab your boot straps and pull, you aren't really going to get the most out of your learning.

I have to admit that online classes are hard for me because so often I don't get the interaction that I get in a face to face class.

Great Avatar by the way, love the cat :-)

Ann

Soccer Mom (Kristen A) said...

I agree with you about the toolbox part. I have a toolbox also but I have no organization. This summer one of my goals was to organize all of my materials. I have yet to organize anything. I think taking responsibility for my own learning is easy though.