Sunday, July 13, 2008

Week 3, Thing 6


I enjoyed exploring the various mashups available especially through FD Toys. I could see how some of these mashups could be used for library projects. Some examples include: a movie poster could be made for a book a student has read; trading cards can be created for characters; and magazine covers produced for genres.


I did a search for mashups and found ProgrammableWeb:

http://www.programmableweb.com/

At this site there the following can be found: Mashup directory, API directory, New Mashups, and Mashup of the Day. These are just some items that are on the site and it is one that I plan on returning to learn more.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I find the creativity of the mashups one of the best things about Web 2.0. It has allowed even more access to people and has created an environment where you don't have to be in direct contact to create. On the other hand, what is that going to do us as a society??? There is always and up and down side.

By the way, did you get my email regarding progress on the 11th??

Ann