Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week 4, Thing 9

I decided to check the Edublog Awards (http://edublogawards.com/) and found some valuable blogs on the list. Some of these blogs, such as, A Library by Any Other Name (http://alibraryisalibrary.blogspot.com/) had other library/tech blogs listed and book review blogs. From these lists, I added some to my feeder. I can see myself finding blogs that I like and connecting to other, if listed, on that blog that may have similar interest to me.


I used Syndic8 to try to find a blog related to Alaska history or facts but could not find any. I did get many results when I just searched for Alaska but will need some time to go through them to see if I can find what I want. I love reading facts about places and would like to see if there is a blog like that for Alaska.


Through Technorati I searched for elementary libraries and found various blogs that were related, others not. One that wasn’t was a video of a college prank in the library. From the results I found a blog called One Book, Two Book (http://www.onebooktwobook.com/) . Its most recent entry is the top five board books about oceans.


I was disappointed with Blogdigger. I tried to use it but it kept timing out after only about 15 seconds or so. Perhaps it was my internet connection but I was having no problem with other sites.

1 comment:

Ann said...

have to admit that Technorati leaves me, as my niece would say, underwhelmed. But then so do most of the blog searches. The tags not being standard is one of the problems (but of course I would think so, I like things in Dewey order :-) but also, I have much better success with referrals to good blogs or from reviews in professional journals. I am also very choosy since I just don't have the time or the interest in most blogs.

Ann