Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Week 3, Thing 5



I never explored Flickr prior to this exercise. I heard of it before and I used Buzznet a couple of years ago (it looks as though it has changed significantly) and MySpace now to share photos (set to private). I like the idea of sharing photos with my family and friends through Flickr. It is easy to join; you do not need to set up profile like MySpace; and it is better than sending photos as email attachments. I could see using Flickr in school to have students share photos for a project and to help teach the importance of setting things as private so the whole world does not have access to your photos (and other information).


The photo posted is of my granddaughter, Marka, reading. She is two and absolutely loves books. The day I took this photo she gathered those books and sat and was reading them to herself. She would stop often and tell me about one of the animals in My Friend Rabbit. I did not post a photo of my library because I do not have any at home.


I tried to post the photo by using the URL from Flicka but it did not work, so I uploaded the photo from my computer.

1 comment:

Ann said...

What a cute picture. So good to see her hooked on books early :-) I know that sometimes there is a setting issue with flickr but it isn't consistent so I'm not sure why it sometimes lets you post directly from your account to the blog and sometimes it doesn't. However, as you showed, there is always another way:-)

Ann