Saturday, July 26, 2008

Week 8, Thing 18

I liked Zoho Writer as soon as I registered. The detailed instructions provided in the welcome made it very user friendly. At this point, I do not see any word-processing feature that is not included that I would need. I can see the benefits of using this this open-source, online tool for personal use and student use. Students can work on a project together as collaborators and not have to worry about having access to the file.

I plan on exploring other Zoho tools such as:
  • Zoho Show
  • Zoho Notebook
  • Zoho Wiki

You can even insert an image like other word processing programs:


Photo of a wild iris along bike path in Girdwood, AK.

One problem I did find is that the text setting changes to the default setting if I do not continuously type. I like the word count, character count feature that occurs whenever the document is saved.



I posted this directly from Zoho Writer but needed to edit it because the emotions button did not appear. The word cool did instead.



1 comment:

Ann said...

It is also a great tool for groups working on the same project so that you avoid one person doing all the collation work. Google Docs is similar. I haven't spent much time with ZOHO because google docs is what my work group uses in the office but I want to spend more time with it to compare.

Ann