Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Week 9, Thing 22

I love audio books. I use to listen to them often on my commute in Pennsylvania. Now that I have an iPod I can download audio books to it if I choose. I actually have a good collection of audio books on CDs at Kincaid. The collection was developed by the librarian that was there two before me. They really are not used enough and I need to promote them.


I, personally, would have trouble reading an ebook. Like holding a book in my hand and reading it in many places. It is not so easy to do on a computer (I know there are readers). The one benefit of getting an eBook from the Gutenberg Project is that it is free and it would probably be a book that most of my patrons may not have an interest to read. I did see the Grimm Brothers Fairy Tales that I am downloading. I think it would be interesting to compare the original with more recent versions.

No comments: