Friday, July 25, 2008

Week 6, Thing 14

I did a keyword search for “School Library Learning 2.0” and got the following results: tags – no results, blog directory - two results, and Blog posts – two results (the same two). I changed the authority to any – four results. I tried to do some other searches but the site was having technical difficulties.


I looked at the popular blogs by fans and by authority and found Engadget on both lists. This blog has a photo and information on the latest gadgets. Some of the entries were interesting like Lego’s WeDo robotic systems for the classroom and others were not like The Shining Gets Remade with WowWee Bots (at least for education).


I joined Technorati and claimed my blog through quick claim. I added a Fav this Blog button to my blog below my avatar. I know it isn’t exactly what the optional activity said to do.


Tagging should be able to make finding information on various sites easier and it can add in thinking of additional terms when doing research. One problem I see is that a tag can be any word and may not be relevant to the blog, picture, bookmark, etc. We just need to teach our students about the advantages and disadvantaged to tagging.

1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

I have to agree that the random nature of tagging is hard on my Librarian brain. I also don't find blog searches to be the best way for me to find blogs. I usually look for referrals or reviews.

Ann